Office space for startups in the DC metro area
Are you a startup looking for office space in the DC metro area? Can’t afford your own office suite yet? These are known locations curated by DC Tech Fierce Conversations and submissions from other DC Tech entrepreneurs. Want to get listed? Please let me know.
- Thomas Circle/McPherson Square, 1133 15th St NW
AOL Fishbowl Labs
- AOL Corporate campus in Ashburn, VA
- AOL’s effort to incubate and give back to the DC Tech commmunity, this free space is loaded up with perks, chief among them being able to get mentorship from a deep bench of AOL corporate talent.
- Fletcher Jones (email@example.com) — he’s very busy, so you’re best off getting an intro from one of the startups in the space already (e.g. Speek)
- Dupont Circle
- 1203 19th Street NW, Third Floor, Washington, DC 20036
- Flexible desk options from the daily drop-ins to the casual drop-bys to the everyday, from less then $20/day.
- That only thing that beats the location are the people; a community for the creatives with an environment to match.
- Kallie (202-556-1203 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or http://canvas.co/work
Silver Spring Innovaton Center
- Downtown Silver Spring - 8070 Georgia Avenue
- Contact: Steve Kapani, 301-589-2034
- Tysons Corner
- 1616 Anderson Rd, McLean, VA 22102
- Lots of private offices ranging from $600 – $2400 and 2-20 person companies.
- iLabs (coworking space): $150/month/company, up to 3 days a week
- iLabs (coworking space): $300/month/company, 24/7 access
- Shared kitchens, free coffee, conference rooms, copiers / fax, receptionist service, mailbox. Big room for events. Free parking. First month free. Lots of events.
- Mix of startups and small tech businesses.
- Myra – email@example.com – 703-286-0808- http://www.teqcorner.com
Telecom Industry Association
- Arlington, Courthouse
- 1320 N Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA
- TIA is an industry association that has a very cool office space, and they’re trying to contribute to the community by creating a “startup membership”. This membership gives you access to their offices, conference rooms and event space in exchange for a reasonable membership fee.
- The only place I’ve ever visited with a 100 Gbps connection to the internet!
- You’re best off getting an intro from someone already in the space. Eg. Judy Schramm or Sam Aparicio
- Rosslyn, Tyson’s Corner & Dupont Circle
- Rosslyn & Tyson’s have space now. Dupont coming in September
- $300/mo for desk in open area or $2000/mo for furnished office w/ sliding door that fits 4-5 people
- Conference rooms that can be used whenever available, kitchen, outdoor terrace, coffee, internet, beer, about 25-30 other startups & excellent community vibe, pitch days, very good mentors.
- (571) 335-8237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reston, in Reston Town Center
- “An environment for not only tech startups but artists and non profits – creating a collaborative space, with a focus on how design affects UX, and creating collective empathy to deliver products, services with maximum impact”
- 11911 Freedom Drive, Suite 850, Reston VA 20190
- Daily drop in $30. Monthly Drop-In $300 Private space also available
- James Quigley – (email@example.com)
(Last updated 1/31/14)